Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Banning the Publication of False News is unconstitutional

Besides being sort of a non-non-non-non-non-nonsense riddle, this is a non-false news, and it happened in Uganda. I am happy for the Ugandans, and happy for myself, because False-news.com does not risk being outlawed in the near future by the Ugandan government. Or by any other that had jurisdiction over a blog available in the Web, hosted in Ohio and written in a South American country. A country in which not so long ago, publishing some news was also illegal and could cause severe punishment...

However, I am concerned about the lack of non-credibility of this Blog that occurs when I publish non-false News.

Will people stop un-believing me? Or in other words, will people start believing me? God forbids! I will write something about God in the near future, in this blog. Like "God Exists", or "God sent us a press release".

In the same spirit, I could write an article saying, "President Bush is a nice person", or "Abortion is Bad", or whatever opinion I want to promote, meaning the opposite of what I declare.

Want to read more ramblings about what this site is about? Are you sure?
.




Also, how can I say "Dont believe me because this is False-news.com". We all studied the Greek paradox that said: "I am a liar. Thus, I am telling a lie. Thus, I am not a liar. Thus, I am telling a truth. Thus...". The bottom line is: "You can have too much truth, but not too much lie". Is like lonely people, who cannot form a club or hang together to share their loneliness.

Oh well. High School students should be assigned to write a False-News.com article. It is a nice exercise on logic, philosophy and journalism. It involves delivering Truth disguised as Falseness. And building credibility without ever pronouncing credible content.

I think I can put together a good mix of falseness, irony, true lies, sarcasm and witty puns, all spiced with a few bold ideas, and still be healthily lying. This would be False-News.com.

No comments:

PhonyNews.Blogspot.com, a Powerful Viral Marketing tool offered for sale

We use false news as a means to disseminate our products, services and proposals. It uses the same channels as true news, plus the curiosity coming from purposely weird subjects. Read more about our Viral Marketing tools and creativity.